Wednesday 5 December 2012

That room from HELL...is nearly done!

So the good news for this week is that the Blue Room from HELL is nearly finished. When I say nearly finished, I mean I have started cleaning out the mess from all the painting/plastering and have moved some furniture and bits and pieces in. The finishing touches should come soon (light fixture, curtains, rug, more furniture...). When the place is a bit more decent, I will post photos, but it's still a mess. I am just relieved to have the major mess of that room done and over with, and in about a week's time it will officially be checked off the to-do list. After the living hell of working on that room, I don't know if I can stand to go in there when it's done...but I am itching to get back to work on some of the projects I have lined up in my mind (sadly, I know that won't happen for a while since there are still so many "house" projects in line before the artsy ones can begin).

Next on the to-do list is the dining room, which you may know, is already underway. There is some serious sanding and cleaning* that needs to happen before painting. Once the sanding is done things should fly but right now I am stuck with the messy work and my hands are not happy. As if the weather wasn't already bad enough for drying out my hands I have to sand?! And all the hand washing when you are doing yuck work, that makes it even worse! What I would give to get a manicure and forget the work for a while! It's getting to be too much and I can feel myself slowing the work pace...not a good thing since Christmas is creeping up on us and we don't have a dining room!

*As with every room so far in this house, the dining room is emitting dog hair. Everywhere I turn, dog hair. Coming out of baseboards, painted into the walls, stuck to the ceiling, above the wood trim of the doors...either someone was running a dog grooming business out of this place or a black lab exploded in here...I don't know what would be worse. The scary part is how much I have already cleaned, yet it keeps coming. I fear it will never end and I don't know how I will come to terms with it...but I know I need to suck it up, there are worse things to deal with in an old house!

No comments:

Post a Comment